Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wine Tasting: Torre Castillo Alegre


Name: Torre Castillo Alegre
Variety: Monastrell
Region: Jumilla
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95

Winery Review: Made predominately from Paso Robles grapes, the wine is full-bodied and silky yet robust with aromas of black cherry and plum and a palate of blackberry, raspberry and blueberry jam laced with vanilla and toast.

My Review: This was the first time I had this type of variety. Very unique smell but you could sense a type of smoky cherry scent. The herbs that came out were very strong and overpowering. The taste included an earthy dirty tone which stuck on my tongue like gum. Definitely not a type of wine I could get into but overall it was very unique.

 I did not have food with this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment