Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First Wine Post!

Hello,

My name is Peter Corrales and this is my first blog post for Geography of
Wine!

My personal experience with wine is very minimal. I have never really indulge in drinking wine at all. I can probably count on my fingers how many times I have drank a glass of wine. When I think of wine I usually just picture a normal wine glass filled with a think red substance. I always think of red wines and never actually knew that white wines existed until a few years ago when I had a glass.

I have had red and white wines and can tell there is a difference between the two. I guess I would say that I like white wines a little more than red wines just because they are not as rough when drinking. When it came to drinking wine I would probably have a glass or two and move onto beer because I could not consistently drink it as much.

I would say prefer white wines more than red wines because of the more fruity taste that they have. Although I hope to eventually learn to enjoy red wines as well as I enjoy white wines.

The things that I want to learn from taking this class is how to properly drink wine, learn the different regions of which wines come from, how to pair wines with food, and the over globalization of wine.

Thanks for reading.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment